Friday, 22 September 2017

Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal

Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal

I love the warmth of oatmeal for breakfast on the cool mornings in fall. It's a great healthy way to kick-start my day and keep me full throughout the morning. I have been playing around with this Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal for a few weeks now and I have finally perfected it.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup quick oats
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp chia seeds
1/2 cup pure pumpkin
1 tbsp raw honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp nutmeg



This delicious dish both smells and tastes delicious!


Directions:

1. Mix ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Pour into an oven safe dish like a 16oz corningware dish and bake at 375 for approx 20 mins.
3. Cover with a handful of chopped pecans
4. Allow to cool and enjoy!!



Fresh out of the oven. This time I skipped the honey and topped with maple syrup instead. Both are delicious options!!


Tip: Prepare the night before in a mason jar and store in your fridge to cut down on prep time. Then bake as per instructions

No comments :

Post a Comment